Here’s a quick overview of the SAP Business One 10.0 enhancements that are most relevant for ProjectLine customers. You can find complete details and additional enhancements in the 10.0 Release Highlights document from SAP.
Please note that SAP Business One will only support 64-bit Windows operating systems.
For questions about which feature enhancements are most relevant to your SAP Business One installation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Usability (SAP Business One Version for HANA)
- A new modern skin style, “Belize Deep”, is now available when using the Fiori-style cockpit and supports 4K monitors.
- Users can show or hide the toolbar to maximize the working area and easily switch between company databases in a single click.
- Resize and maximize the size of additional forms to avoid scrolling.
- User name is now visible in license and add-on administration for enhanced clarity and transparency.
- Support expiration date is available in the About SAP Business One window to simplify support.
- Enhanced selection criteria in document printing increases usability and optimizes batch printing.
- Extended coverage of referenced documents across modules for better visibility.
- The Attachments tab has been added to additional objects for streamlined system behavior.
- Character limits have been increased on some fields (see Release Highlights page 27 for details).
- Approval process enhancements minimize back and forth between the authorizer and originator.
- The new Alerts Management window gives an overview of system and user alerts.
- You can now grant different authorizations to different tabs in Master Data records based on user responsibilities.
- Product documentation has been moved to the SAP Help Portal. Be sure to select your version from the drop-down at the top of the page.
- Financial reports now have golden arrows for drill down to G/L Accounts.
- The Posting Period module now supports column sorting, filtering and free text searching in the Find field.
- Capture more detailed journal entry information with extended Journal Entry field lengths (Remarks field supports 254 characters and the Ref. 3 field supports 100 characters).
- Fixed Assets enhancements include a new Revaluation Account and new rounding methods for the Year End Book Value.
Sales, Purchasing & Service
- All A/R Reserve Invoices are visible in the Backorder Report.
- Print preference and document print settings enable bulk processing of service calls and service contracts.
- You can now hide blank lines in addresses for improved formatting of printed, previewed or PDF documents.
- The Add button is extended in marketing documents giving you more flexibility in document creation and better handling (see Release Highlights page 56 for details).
- The Open Items List report includes more document information and the option to close / cancel multiple documents.
- Enhanced mobile functionality with the latest updates to the sales and service mobile apps.
- Interactive GANTT chart allows you to easily update planning schedules.
Inventory & Distribution
- Additional document options when updating Serial Numbers and Batches.
- New reports available for batches and serial tracing.
- More flexibility in changing Unit of Measure (UoM) Group relationships for Item Master Data.
- Item Master Data record descriptions are now updated with the associated Bill of Materials (BoM) description.
- Drill-down from Bill of Materials to Item Master Data adds flexible navigation (see Release Highlights page 77 for details).
- Service Layer enabled for Microsoft SQL Server (for technical user roles).
- There’s no longer a need to edit multiple configuration lines in the Service Layer Configuration UI (version for HANA).
- Added flexibility for formatted search with support for multiple triggers.
- User Defined Fields (UDFs) can be added to more SAP Business One objects (see Release Highlights page 84 for details).
- Microsoft Office 365 integration provides easier report and document layout management (for technical user roles).
Please sign in to leave a comment.