Exporting & Updating the Original Price List
- In the main menu, click on Tools > Queries > Query Generator.
- Click Execute.
- In the Query Preview window, click the pencil on the top left to edit the query.
- Copy and paste the following query into the window, then click Execute.
SELECT T0.[ItemCode], T0.[PriceList], T0.[Price], T0.[Currency] FROM ITM1 T0 INNER JOIN OPLN T1 ON T0.[PriceList] = T1.[ListNum] WHERE T1.[ListName] =[%0]
- In the toolbar, click the Export to Excel icon.
- Name the file, keeping it as a tab delimited text file. The following system message about exporting currency symbols will appear. Select No and click OK.
- Open the file in Excel. Remove the first column and header. Modify the price. Insert a column with value "Manual" or appropriate UoM code in column I. Save the file as a tab delimited text file.
Importing the Updated Price List
- Complete a backup of the database to allow for a restore in case there are problems.
- In the main menu go to Administration > Data Import/Export > Data Import > Import From Excel.
- From the drop-down boxes, make the following selections (as shown below):
Data Type to Import: Items
Column A: Item No.
Column B: Price List Code (Columns C and D will be automatically filled out as shown)
- Under File to Import, click the ... button and select the saved file.
- Click the Import button when ready.
A message with the results will be shown when system finished updating, you will find the information in system message log as well as if any error messages:
You could now verify the change and/or fix the issue for the failed records.