Below are the steps to re-install the SAP Business One client. If you are performing a fresh install, please start from Step 8.
- Uninstall all the following SAP components (32bit or 64bit). Please make a note of the bit version.
- Uninstall MaxDB if it is in the program list.
- Remove or rename folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP and
- Remove all files under %temp% folder.
- Remove or rename SAP folder under Windows user profile:
- Open Window Registry, remove SAP folder under(optional, please backup registry before deleting):
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software
- Reboot computer and login Windows as Local administrator user.
- Navigate to SAP Shared Folder "\\[SAP server name]\B1_SHR\", choose Client OR Client.x64 folder(check the bit version noted in step 1). Right click and run "\\[SAP server name]\B1_SHR\Client.x64\setup.exe" as Administrator and install SAP client by following the wizard.
- Run SAP Business One as administrator for the first time, log in to SAP as a user, and wait for all add-ons to be installed automatically by following the prompted wizard.
Note: To determine to use 32-bit or 64-bit client, please follow the steps below:
- Check the Windows Operation System, if it is 32-bit, you could only install 32-bit SAP client; if it is 64-bit, please use next step to determine which version to install
- Check an existing installation on another workstation. You would usually see the version on the name of the desktop shortcut. Same information could be found under menu: Help - About SAP Business One after logged in. Alternatively, login to SAP Business One and navigate to Modules > Administration > Add-on > add-on manager. If there are add-ons listed with x86 in platform column, that means 32-bit. If add-ons are shown as x64, that means 64-bit. Please install the same version of client as the add-on.
- If no add-on is used, you could use 32-bit or 64-bit but we would suggest to use 64-bit as it handles memory better.