Below are the steps to re-install the SAP Business One client. If you are performing a fresh install, please start from Step 8.
- Uninstall all the following SAP components (32bit or 64bit). Please make a note of the bit version.
- Uninstall MaxDB if it is in the program list.
- Remove or rename folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP and
- Remove all files under %temp% folder.
- Remove or rename SAP folder under Windows user profile:
- Open Window Registry, remove SAP folder under(optional, please backup registry before deleting):
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software
- Reboot computer and login Windows as Local administrator user.
- Navigate to SAP Shared Folder "\\[SAP server name]\B1_SHR\", choose Client OR Client.x64 folder(check the bit version noted in step 1). Right click and run "\\[SAP server name]\B1_SHR\Client.x64\setup.exe" as Administrator and install SAP client by following the wizard.
- Run SAP Business One as administrator for the first time, log in to SAP as a user, and wait for all add-ons to be installed automatically by following the prompted wizard.
Note: To determine to use 32-bit or 64-bit client, please follow the steps below:
- Check the Windows Operation System, if it is 32-bit, you could only install 32-bit SAP client; if it is 64-bit, please use next step to determine which version to install
- Install the same version prior to uninstall or check an existing installation on another workstation. You would usually see the version on the name of the desktop shortcut. Same information could be found under menu: Help - About SAP Business One after logged in. Alternatively, login to SAP Business One and navigate to Modules > Administration > Add-on > add-on manager. If there are add-ons listed with x86 in platform column, that means 32-bit. If add-ons are shown as x64, that means 64-bit. Please install the same version of client as the add-on.
- If no add-on is used, you could use 32-bit or 64-bit but we would suggest to use 64-bit as it handles memory better. Only 64bit Client is offered in Version 10.