The Journal Entry Import Tool is a useful utility in SAP Business One for use cases like:
- Importing a summary Journal Entry / Journal Voucher from a third-party payroll system
- Importing a summary transaction from a third-party app that creates it's own sales or purchasing transactions
Things which sometimes cause errors in the import process:
- The formatting of data in cells will sometimes need to be in specific formats. For instance, date fields must be in YYYYMMDD format without the use of any other characters. November 20th, 2019 should be entered as 20191120 .
- The file required for upload by the import tool is a Tab Delimited Text File. Prepare your Journal Entry in the excel template, then save it as a Tab Delimited Text File. Choose this file for upload.
- Make sure you don't have the import file (Tab Delimited Text File) open in another program like notepad, etc. This will typically cause SAP to crash as the file is locked by that other program.
Watch this short training video to learn how to use the tool.