Let's say you need to post a monthly bonus to your sales team based on a percentage. Rather than manually calculating and entering the dollar amount each month, you want to have SAP Business One automatically calculate the amounts based on your pre-defined percentages for each sales person.
- Manager = 40%
- Salesperson #1 = 20%
- Salesperson #2 = 20%
- Salesperson #3 = 20%
In just a few minutes you can setup a Journal Entry Posting Template to do this calculation for you.
Create the Posting Template
- In the main menu, go to Modules > Financials > Posting Templates.
- Enter a name in the Code field.
- Enter a description in the Template Description field.
- With your cursor in the G/G Acct/BP Code field, hit Ctrl+Tab on your keyboard to bring up a list of Business Partners.
- Select the Business Partner for your sales person.
- Enter the percentage value in the Credit % field.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 for each individual.
- In the next row, select the applicable G/L account for your offset account.
- Click in the Debit % field. It will automatically set to 100.
- Click Add.
Create Journal Entries Based on the Template
Now you can use the posting template you created in the section above for your monthly Journal Entries.
- In the main menu, go to Modules > Financials > Journal Entry.
- Under Template Type, select Percentage.
- Under Template, select the template you created above.
- On the last row in the grid for your offset account, type the total dollar amount in the Debit column. The Credit column will automatically populate based on the percentages defined in the template.
- Click Add.